Have your current window screens seen better days? If it’s time for a replacement, you have some important decisions to make. Learn the three biggest considerations when choosing a window screen to help you select the right one for your home.
3 Things To Consider When Choosing a Window Screen
One of the most important considerations for your window screen is how the screen will support or hinder your lifestyle. Oftentimes, this comes down to durability and what you expect to get from your window screen. For example, ask yourself:
- Is this window accessible to pets who might scratch and tear the mesh? Depending on where the window is, a curious cat or excitable dog might be able to get their paws on the screen when trying to see what’s happening on the other side of the window. In this case, you should go with a more durable screen.
- Is the view outside most important? Do you want a mesh screen that blurs the outdoor scenery? Or a screen designed to preserve optical clarity with the help of a protective coating that sheds rainwater and resists dirt and grime.
- Are insects your biggest concern? A standard mesh is likely all you need to let the breeze in and keep the bugs out.
Assembly and Installation
Are you a confident DIYer? If so, you can probably manage a window screen replacement on your own! Your biggest hurdle will be measuring your window screen properly for a secure fit. This will provide you with the opportunity to choose from a wide range of window screens that can be sold directly to the homeowner. One such example is RiteScreen’s Do It Yourself Window Screen Kit is perfect for any homeowner who is interested in taking care of business on their own.
If you are more comfortable bringing in a professional contractor for this project, you might be limited by the contractor’s relationships with window screen suppliers. For some people, this is helpful because it narrows down the hundreds of options you find when you search for a new window screen online. It all comes down to what works best for you.
As with any home improvement project big or small, your budget will greatly impact what window screen you ultimately choose. This also includes how many window screens you are replacing at one time. You can save money by installing the window screen yourself. And, you can choose different options for different areas of your home. Do you want higher-quality window screens at the front of your house for curb appeal? Absolutely! But you can still improve the rear-facing windows with a new standard screen. Learn your budget, understand your options, and you may find a roll-formed window screen fits your requirements versus a more expensive extruded frame.
Make the Easy Choice. Choose RiteFit by RiteScreen for your DIY Window Screen Replacement.
Choosing a window screen doesn’t have to be scary, it can be fun! At RiteScreen, we manufacture 40 different window screen products that fit the majority of windows in America. Our screens are custom-made and available in a variety of shapes, colors, and hardware options to suit your unique desires and requirements. Our world-class window screens are mindfully engineered to make a replacement easy for any DIYer:
- Innovative screen corners: Our roll-formed window screen frames are engineered to save installation time and money. Simply press them into the frame, and they’ll hold securely and tightly. The quality of these corners can resist degradation and distortion for many years.
- Pull-tabs: It’s never been easier to lift a screen out of a window channel! Our pull tabs install directly into the spline pocket of the screen frame to offer a rigid top for an enhanced grip.
- Fastening systems: Our fastening systems are easy to install, strong, and durable to make it possible for anyone to make a long-lasting impact on their home.
- Springs: Our spring, steel-formed tension springs ensure durability as well as quick, easy installation.
- DIY Replacement Kits: Are you handy with tools? If so, RiteFit by RiteScreen’s DIY window replacement kits are fun and easy for handy homeowners. We provide you with the materials, you build the screen!
Explore our options for the best window screens today!